What is a database?
- The Library databases are searchable online indexes that provide access to scholarly journals, full-text articles, magazines, conference papers, and other publications.
- Some databases cover a single subject area, others cover many different subject areas.
- Library databases are usually the best tools for finding journal articles in your subject area.
When to use the databases
- When you know what you are looking for and can formulate some key words that describe your area of interest.
- When you know enough about the topic to quickly recognise relevant articles and texts among your search results.